Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting Started

It seems as though my biggest challenge lately has just been to get my days started. Someone once told me I "leapfrog" as I jump from task to task, never seeming to complete or follow through with what needs to be done, slowing my progress tremendously.  Or something like.  Anyway, it is true.  Lately I have been spending way too much time playing computer based games, especially when I become frustrated while working on the computer doing family history (have you seen the tangled mess our family is on New Family Search?).  Before I know it the day is done and no work is accomplished.   

Rick and I are so blessed.  As I read my niece Danette's blog a few moments ago I started aligning my blessings with those she counted and truly Heavenly Father has been good to me and my family.  Even the bad times or moments have worked toward happiness.  I said that one Sunday a year ago as I presented the Gospel Doctrine lesson (I teach every other Sunday) and a young single sister, divorced with a child, took exception to the idea that our trials are gifts from our Heavenly Father.  She's young.  She will learn.  There is a reason for the adages of "turn lemons into lemonade," "a silver lining in every cloud," etc.  We, being hard headed little nuts to crack, need our challenges to grow into the mighty beings Father knows we can become.

Today I am at home alone while Rick is off to the Church to help the Bishop with Tithing Settlement.  He is the First Counselor to the Bishop.  What a privilege it is to be able to have a family interview with the Bishop to account to the Lord for our stewardships?  We are able to vocalize just where we stand in regard to our fulfillment of that sacred law to "bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse...and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10) and know whether we have the right to those promised blessings or not.  After all, as a Latter-day Saint, I know that "I, the Lord am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." (D&C 82:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment